POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sax : Re: HDRI version Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:29:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDRI version
From: Hans Fink
Date: 30 Mar 2006 03:59:04
Message: <442b9dd8@news.povray.org>
Marc Jacquier wrote:

>> Marc Jacquier wrote:

>>> Eer don't be disapointed but I'm only strings player (guitar and bass)
>> You wouldn't be happy with that shortcut between
>> 1st and 2nd valve anyway.
>>
>> ;-)
>>

>> -Hans-
> Oh well my model is not accurate I see :s
> I have no trumpet at hand to check
> Though there are things looking like bypasses between valves no?

Not really. Either the air flows directly *through* a valve
or - when the valve is pressed - it enters the valve, goes
through the extra loop back to the valve and leaves the
valve on the other side. In any case *all* valves are *always*
passed.

The only wrong thing with your model is the (visible) connection
between valves 1 and 2. This should be a very short U-loop starting
and ending on valve 2. Like the loops on valve 1 and 3, just shorter.

Otherwise a very nice model, BTW! (The brass could have a touch
less roughness.)

-Hans-